Sunday, November 18, 2007
For the groomsmen.... to keep it inexpensive, casual & fun... I'm thinking nice khaki colored dress pants, a crisp white shirt and a colorful tie - now do I go with all the same color for the ties, go everyone other person and use the blue & purple color, or have the Best Man wear the purple color and the rest wear the blue color? Then find a different tie for Aaron in his suit - stone color.
The Maid of Honor & Matron of Honor will be wearing this dress from Jcrew! It's the same dress as some of the bridesmaids but in Spiced Wine. Janie & I met up to look at the colors together and we both love it! She has a degree in Fashion Merchandising so her opinion means a lot to me since I can be color challenged a lot of the time.Now we have to figure out what the groom & groomsmen will wear.....
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Bay Harbor Golf Club
Ceremony space (Hopefully) - golf carts usually go here. :)
View from ceremony space
Inside the clubhouse - view from front door - the area we are standing in will be seating and the area in front that is rounded can be used for seating as well.
The larger of the 3 rooms - those are the tables & chairs that go on the deck in the back
The "yellow" room they call it - this off to the right of the big open space above - seating would be in here as well.
To the left of the big room is the bar area - we would take out the bar chairs and pull out the tables to have seating along the side - this would be more of the younger crowd sitting in here.
This is from the other end of the bar - the dance floor would go in this corner.
This is the beautiful bar! It's a little dark but the wood is awesome! The ceiling in this room is wood and it's in the shape of a boat turned upside down!
The rules of tag:
1. Post the rules at the beginning.
2. List 6 facts/habits about yourself.
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post,
and leave them comment informing
them they've been tagged!
(I probably won't be tagging anyone else)
1. I laugh in my sleep and sometimes I wake myself up laughing and other times people tell me I woke them up laughing. oops.
2. I love cheese fries ... basically cheese in general it's my biggest downfall when it comes to food. It's the best comfort food ever!
3. I have 3 classes left in nursing school before I graduate - that's just scary! 2008 is going to be a crazy year with graduating, new job, moving to FL, getting married, friends getting married... crazy but fun!
4. I love to send care packages especially to my fiance - something about picking out the items, wrapping them in cool colors and packing it up to send it away is really fun for me! hahah!
5. I love bloody marys... yum yum... all I can say - but not too much spice because then it takes away from the enjoyment.
6. Since I left college I've done a lot of things I never thought or told myself I would never do - 1) live in FL, 2) live in MN, 3)go to St Cloud State Univ 4) go to nursing school at a community college, 4) get married in MI, 5) move back to FL after I left 6) live with my parents
Short & Sweet. :)
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Awesome weekend for the Michigan Wolverines, we kicked some Spartan ass! :)
I spent the morning on Saturday at a bridal show with Janie, then we got some sushi for lunch and headed over to watch the game. Perfect day after being so stressed out. :)
Friday, November 2, 2007
I hadn't felt this stress until I got a call from a DJ I had inquired about telling me that another bride wants them for the same day and is having her wedding at one of the locations we are going to look at in 3 weeks. Then I thought of changing the date, moving up the date and having the wedding in MI shortly after I graduate and just get it over with, not caring, caring, to wanting someone to just choosing everything for me so I don't have to care about it. I give props to every bride who plans their own destination wedding - I don't know how you do it so far away alone. I have appointments to meet with planners - but I don't have one yet, dates are filling up and vendors/venues are becoming taken. I need to sit down and really think about this. I hope one of the places we see jumps out at me in FL or we just decide on a different location soon. I do have a photog booked, so I either lose the deposit, or see if she can switch the date. Wow - I need to stop focusing on this so it all falls into place - it's been making me crazy for the past 24 hours! I have nursing school to focus on ... after the UM/MSU game this weekend of course. Have a great weekend!